Monday 1 October 2018

Golden days

Welcome back, yes it's a second post from me today. If you are looking for my October Country View Crafts post you can find it here.

It's the 1st of October and a Monday so of course that means it's also my day for sharing my Monday design team make for Visible Image. The fabulous new release stamps are out this Friday and if you want to guarantee your set you can still preorder over on the website here.

Today I am sharing for the first time on my blog a card I made using the brilliant One kind word set.

Now don't tell anyone but this is my favourite. I have honestly been looking for a vintage typewriter stamp where I could actually stamp words on the paper for years. Well now I can. It is such a clever set and I am sure is going to be a best seller. It works for so many occasions and for card making, journalling etc etc. 

I had a lovely Friday and Saturday creating in my garden studio. There was wall to wall blue skies and sunshine and I loved being outside. I have noticed the signs of autumn though all around me.
My potted acers are taking on their autumnal hues.
We are starting a new challenge today over on our Visible Image customer Facebook page here. The theme is "autumn colours". So dig out your brown, yellow, orange, gold, mauve, red and other autumnal colours and your Visible Image stamps. We would love for your to join in. The winner is randomly selected so whether you are a novice or experienced stamper you have a chance of winning the £40 voucher to spend over on the website. 

My card was made in shades of browns to hopefully give some inspiration for our new "autumn colours" challenge, I also wanted to create a vintage feel to it.

I was very taken by one of the 2 sentiments in this set "time to write a new chapter" and I had a light bulb moment when I was sitting in my studio. I had decided to include my much used vintage book pages from "A tale of 2 cities" donated by my Hb.

As I was thinking of how I would use them in my design I thought that I could actually find a page that was the end of a chapter, ready to start a new one. I found a suitable page and stamped the sentiment and the letters flourish in brown ink. I also cut out the paper part and stamped the words, "You are loved" in brown ink. I put some foam under the top of this and glued down the base to add some dimension.

I made a "book" with my vintage book pages and aged them using vintage photo distress ink plus a little tearing and peeling here and there.

I stamped,embossed and fussy cut out my typewriter and stamped the small and large hearts and matted up my card.

Here it is;

With a couple of close ups.




All the Visible Image links are here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. There is a monthly challenge for you to share your creations made with Visible Image stamps. One randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. The theme for October is "autumn colours".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; where you can find all the latest information and news including giveaways...open world wide.



And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
Love to create 1/3 anything mixed media
Pixie's snippets playground #336 I used lots of snippets of book pages!
Frilly and Funkie just my type

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a very happy October, the year is just racing by now.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Jane! I think it's such a great idea and I do love the theme! Aren't we having some gorgeous autumn days at the moment? Have a happy October XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card design, Jane! I adore the old vintage typewriters. Wish I had one! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with those fabulous stamps - love how the composition leads the eyes towards the typewriter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love the idea that became a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along in the Frilly and Funkie "Just My Type" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your life and your art always overlap. This is a great card, and I love the aged bookpages! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Just My Type" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x