Saturday 27 June 2020

Blooms and bugs

The glorious weather recently has brought on my blooms incredibly in my garden. Day after day of clear blue skies and sunshine has been the perfect growing conditions.


I love the colour below of these begonia leaves

I have also seen some lovely bees and bugs 

As I have a lot more free time to craft I have had fun experimenting with some "me time" projects. I have also been watching the weekly Facebook Lives by Tim Holtz where he has been covering a different medium each week. He encourages us to "play" and be creative and to share our work on Instagram under the hashtag #timholtzdemo. Each week he selects 3 winners.  Last week it was part 1 of alcohol inks and as this is a medium I love working with I challenged myself to do something different.
I made a tag from acetate.
 I embossed the acetate and then added alcohol inks to colour it. I have been adding my work on Instagram (you can follow me here if you are interested) and to my amazement I found out that I was a winner with this background! I can't wait to receive my prize which is on it's way from America.
No photo description available.
I decided to make my background tag into a finished tag to keep, so I then stamped some labels from my new Field notes and Entomology sets and die cut the bugs to finish it off. 



I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Sweet stampin 1/3 create your own background
Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
The house that stamps built anything goes
The funkie junkie boutique cattywampus, most of my bugs and my moth are cattywampus!

We finally had some rain this morning which my garden is grateful for. I am looking forward to this evening when I will be watching Tim's part 2 om alcohol inks. It is such a fun medium to work with and he is the most inspiring of teachers!

Thanks so much for stopping by, 

Have a lovely weekend.

Stay safe,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. I love your bug tag and your garden looks glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I really love this little tag Jane and as I said on insta perfect for National Insect Week!! No surprise you were a winner. :)
    Your garden is looking lush!! :)
    Happy Sunday my friend, hope your weather is better than ours!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I really like all the pictures of the garden - looking good. Your tag turned out so cool! Thanks for playing over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tag!! That embossed, inked background is just fabulous! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try and make this - I love it!!Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag your background is just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, I hope you and your loved ones are all doing well! Love the colors and texture of your gorgous alcohol ink background. And your bugs are definitely cattywampus (and creepy crawly). Using the Field Notes stamp was the perfect companion to the Entomology bugs! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This tag looks so cool! I love the embossed background and all those little bugs are so cool. Like the layers as well. Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag...wonderful background for those little bugs. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, I'm tickled pink with your cattywampus bugs on that fabulous background paired with the Field Notes tags. This is a wonderful tag and I'm so happy you were a winner of Tim's giveaway! Congrats! And I'm so pleased you shared your tag with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane your tag is truly gorgeous. I love that inky background and it really feels like the bugs are crawling all over it! Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x