Friday 5 June 2020

Dino duck (Egyptian geese) progress

I am delighted that 7 of the original 12 dino babies are doing really well over at Beddington Park. I have also noticed that another pair have a very secret nest around the back of the lake so I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to see another new clutch of fluffy babies.

I think they are this pair who were at another area up until a couple of weeks ago and then disappeared. I call them Derby and Joan
The photo below was shot from a long way away, they are in a really sensible location for their nest. I am pretty sure it is the same pair from where I call the "Fish pond"
Here are some of the first baby dinos, taken a few weeks ago.

 Growing fast. They trust me so much (or is it the food they like? 😄)
 Then this photo below is from last week. You can see they have nearly all their adult feather now, they are so very beautiful. These are 5 of the 7.
There is also another pair of dino ducks down at the ponds who managed to get 5 of their 12 babies to toddler age too. They are real balls of fluff and look like mint humbugs. 
They are so funny the way they stretch out their legs and all huddle together
and they are enjoying pond life!
I will keep you posted how my nested "Derby and Joan" get along.

My project to share today is a tag I made recently after watching Tim Holtz' awesome Facebook lives.
All the stamps and stencils are by him and I think the sentiment fits really well. I made the background with distress inks.



I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Creative fingers 3/3 anything goes
Art impressions 1/2 animals and nature
Creative moments 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday Masculine
We love to create 3/3 Anything goes mixed media
As you like it 1/3 scenes or not I adore making scenes as I really love adding details to my work.
Cute card Thursdays 1/3 anything goes
Moving along with the times 1/3 things with wings
Simon says stamp Monday make your own background
A vintage journey Rustic charm

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon

Bye for now

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. A lovely and colourful tag. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they dinos sure are growing. The tag is beutiful, such wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully more babies on the way then which is wonderful, they really are very sweet. Our ten cygnet family is now down to seven and the five cygnet family down to two, it makes me sad that they all don't make it, nature can be hard.
    Beautiful little tag as always my friend, wishing you a wonderful weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your dino-duck pictures. Another impressive make, I love the tag. Have a good weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jane… Thanks for sharing your lovely tag with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘Things with Wings’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! I've been bird watching a lot since we've been stuck at home. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and colorful tag! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fabulous photos, and a truly beautiful tag! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge over at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering the AYLI scene challenge with your lovely tag. Those babies are adorable, I enjoyed reading your post and seeing those lovey photos
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... must put my glasses on before commenting - that should of course say lovely!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous layered tag, Jane - I love the depth of colour and, as you say, perfect words. Love the ducklings too! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x