Friday 12 June 2020

Some welcome rain

The only wonderful thing about the whole of the lockdown period here in the South East of England has been the weather. We have had almost wall to wall sunshine for most of this time. However recently the fields, parks and my garden have become very parched and in desperate need to some rain. We had a couple of odd showers during the last couple of days but finally starting on Wednesday we had a much needed drenching. More is forecast until early next week. 
I really enjoy working outside in my studio and listening to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof and I also took some photos in the rain as the droplets on my leaves and  flowers looked so pretty. Even the paving slabs gleamed.






So my card today had to of course feature the rain and I made it using the fab sparkle in the rain stamp set by Visible Image. Another of my many favourite sets.
I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Love to craft 3/3 anything goes
Creative artiste 3/3 anything goes
Crafter's castle 3/3 anything goes
Penny black and more 2/3 Favourite stamps
Through the craft room door 1/3 anything goes
Not just cards 1/3 anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by, 

Have a lovely weekend, whatever the weather.

Stay safe,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Love the card and totally agree about the rain, however my garden is looking amazing, and my jasmine are literally going mad with all the rain. Even the grass looks green again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the rain you needed. I love all your photos especially the lacy maples. The card reminds me of the 60s! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well as you know I'm not a huge fan of rain, I never wish for it but your card is wonderful, I can cope with inky rain! :)
    Happy weekend lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like listening to the rain too. Wonderful card and such a beautiful garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I love the photos of your garden. Your card is gorgeous too. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog June Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and cheerful creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Favourite Stamps' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation and photos! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That background is FAB! I LOVE the bright colors! So fun! Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Castle! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x