Monday 14 January 2019

Finding some sparkle in January

Good morning, January always seems to be a long month. Christmas seems long ago and spring still seems a long way away. As I walked down to Dotty's Teahouse in the High Street of Carshalton I decided to look for some sparkle and shine and even on such a dull, dreary day I spotted some of Mother Nature's sparkle and shine on the plants;
rain sparkling on the winter aconite
on the plucky viburnum flowers
and on new shoots.
For my Monday design team inspiration today I went with the sparkling rain theme using the fab 
The background is a stencilled ink one using the 
I added some distress oxides to my card 
 then stenciled salty ocean and squeezed lemonade oxides through the stencil.

These photos are quite dark you will see the true colours in my finished photos.

I stamped the rain in blue Archival ink
and then I added my lady by embossing her in blue and also stamping the quote stamp


You can see that I masked and split the words. The top words are stamped and embossed in  black 
and the unrivalled in green glitter.

I would like to link up my card into the following challenges;

Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes
A vintage journey put your stamp on it
Craft stamper take it make it 3/3 January
Mix it up 4/5 anything goes
Stamping sensations 3/3 fabulously feminine
Card mania 1/3 baby it's cold outside
Happy little stampers 2/3 watercolour
Fashionable stamping 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For December and January the theme is "Christmas/Winter".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 


Our Christmas/winter challenge on Facebook runs until the end of January a couple of weeks to make something and be in with a chance of winning the £40 voucher to spend on the web site. The winner is selected by random so everyone has an equal winning chance.

 Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave. I would also like to welcome my newest 2 followers, it's so good to see you joining me on my creative journey here at Jane's Journal.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous layers and colours, such a great card that has brought some lovely sparkle to a Monday morning. See you later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a great sentiment to start the week!!
    I actually can't believe we're half way through January already, I was hoping 2019 might be a slower year!!! :)
    Happy Monday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers and lovely words Jane! Your card is gorgeous...love the flag and the layering. Have a great week! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look T the yellow flowers I. January! I love the picks and your card is perfect and so well thought out from the background to the rainy look and the words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design and the text is wonderful!! What a nice gift that will be fore someone.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tonal colours and the way you have layered them Jane. The wording is very pungent and totally suits her spirit.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful inky creation for our 'Fabulously Femine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining in with your pretty work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Spring colours that you've used Jane and the background stencil works so well with the stamps. The sentiment that you've used is so strong and feminine and gives your card the perfect finish. Thank you for joining us in our 'Fabulously Feminine' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply breathtaking Jane. Awesome stamping and stenciling. Great composition. Thanks for sharing at HLS for our Watercolour Challenge this month. PS Love their stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fantastic card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. what wonderful stenciling and stampings using this lovely stamp set Jane - love the colors and the great sentiment! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome background. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining at stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful card!! Love the colors you used. Thanks for sharing your card at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x