Friday 4 January 2019

January theme and sketch challenge at STAMPlorations

Hello and welcome to our January theme and sketch challenge over STAMPlorations, the first of 2019. 
We have a fun theme this month
and a lovely sketch to work with
 Before I share my January inspiration I just wanted to give you a heads up of a great giveway which closes on Monday here This post is where Shery shares her fave 3 of each designers' makes from 2018. If you would like to see which of mine she chose just head on over.  You can win a $50 package of stamps just by leaving a comment over there so please don't miss out and yes it is open to everyone, internationally. 

 So back to our January theme and sketch challenge. The rules in brief are that you need to use stamping on your projects. You don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to enter but of course we love it if you do! You can link up 6 times with new blog posts and you need to add our logo to your post. You can go with the theme, the sketch or both, the choice is yours. There are some fab prizes to be won too!

Today I am sharing my first card to hopefully give you some inspiration to join us. I have chosen to use both the theme and sketch.
I used this sweet stamp set called Tweet love
and the sentiments from party time

I love the "stitched" feel to the Tweet Love animal stamps so I got out my sewing machine to add some sewing both to the edges of the card and to the panels of stamping.


I stamped and coloured the images with Zig watercolour markers (I didn't use them all in the final card)
Here is my final card, mounted onto a Kraft card blank.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Mix it up 2/5 anything goes
Love to craft 2/5 anything goes
A bit more time to craft 2/3 anything goes
Happy little stampers watercolour challenge anything goes

You can see more inspiration and get more info over at the main challenge blog post here.  There is a $15 voucher for the winner, voted for by the DT as well as 3 $5 gift vouchers to the 3 runners ups. it would be lovely to see you join us. And remember that if you use my code STAMPGIRLJANE at the checkout you could save an extra 10% off in addition to any current discount on the shop website here

Enjoy the weekend ahead.

Thanks for stopping by,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Of course, it's a great idea to add the stitching to fit in with the stamps! Love the vibrant colours of your critters, we're deficient in both light and colours at this time of the year…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness isn't that just the sweetest little card ... just love the stitching!! :)
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love the stitching and the sweet images! Thank you for joining the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow thread and how it looks sewn onto the card.. works perfectly with the bright kid's images! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I really like your New Years card too. So many pretty things to look at on your blog. Your flowers are especially beautiful at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE those animals! Looks just like piggy banks my granddaughter got for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the elephant and giraffe. Thank you for taking part in the January "Love To Craft Challenge Blog". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love this! So vibrant! Absolutely gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at MIUCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Jane. Love the bright colours and of course that STAMPloration stamping. Way to go with the sewing too! Thanks for sharing at HLS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining our Mix It Up challenge; those images are adorable; I love seeing all the images you colored - now you have extras on hand, can't beat that!!
    ~Michele, MIUC DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x