Friday 11 January 2019

Winter landscape

It has been very cold for the last few days.
Everywhere is looking quite bare but at least the sun has returned.
 This was the ponds last week
when Daisy stayed. She certainly had warm ears 😂
 You might also have noticed that a swan has returned. I have seen 3 down there, they are always a delight, as is my Daisy.

It's time for my 2nd DT inspiration post for our January landscapes/cityscapes challenge over at County View. I decided to make another landscape, this one a rather fanciful one. 
 I got out my distress inks and masked off a sun.

I then blended on the inks to form my landscape, with a river at the bottom. 
 I have a great old PaperArsty Lynne Perella stamp set which rarely sees the light of day but this woman has an amazing landscape within her. I added some stamping to the side too.
 My Visible Image sentiment was perfect to use and I white embossed it and also added some branches using the Organics stamp set.


This is my finished card.

With couple of close ups of that cool stamp

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it 2/3 January
A vintage journey put your stamp on it
Mix it up 3/5 anything goes
Crafter's Castle 3/3 anything goes
Stamping sensations 2/3 fabulously feminine

You can enter our January challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the challenge can be found here.

My card has gone down for sale at Dotty's Tea House, Carshalton High Street, SM5 2AE

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Keep warm.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



13 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Jane. The design is beautiful and what a lovely sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super creation for our 'Fabulousy Feminine theme at Stamping Sensations' challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice inky background and a wonderful stamp Jane! The sentiment stamp is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image and a lovely sentiment too!!
    Have a great weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely feminine creation! Great inking! Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous interpretation of the theme Jane creating a gorgeous card and lovely photos too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jane, she is so perfect for the theme! (the Lynne Perella lady). With the inky background, branches and sentiment you have a beautiful and unusual card, I'm betting it won't hang around Dotty's for very long...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love your card in the last post too. Such happy colors! Daisy had such warm ears but an open coat? Where's the logic in this? I'm glad you had such a good time crafting together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Jane, a beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Jane! I love everything on it, so clever composed!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourite LP women (no, probably my favourite, not just one of my favourites!) and she looks beautiful here in those dreamy blues and greens. The highlight in the eyes is really clever to bring her to life. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x