Tuesday 29 January 2019

A thank you blog hop for Di

Good morning, what a wild week is has been so far weather wise. We have had sleet, sun, rain, wind and more here. I have not been able to test my new camera out very much but I did take these photos the other day on my twice weekly walk to Dotty's Tea House, with my latest cards, via the ponds.




I've had a couple of questions regarding my camera...it is just a newer version of the cameras I have used for the last 10 years or so. It's a Panasonic DMC-TZ80 Lumix with a fab Leica lens. I have not edited any of the above photos. The only photos are edit here on my blog are my cards etc. I just don't have the time. So to answer another question I regularly get asked; No I do not use Photoshop etc for these shots, they are literally downloaded and added here. I just use Ipiccy to crop and watermark my card and artwork photos.

So back to the main theme of my post today. The lovely Di from Pixie's crafty workshop has run a fab challenge called Pixie's snippets Playground for the last 7 years. The current one is here and Darnell, a fellow playground playmate, has organized a thank you blog hop to help celebrate such a momentous occasion. I first "met" Di about 3 years ago and I have loved getting to know her through our blogging. Her challenge is to use up snippets of anything on our projects. She devotes so much time to the challenges and offers prizes paid for out of her own pocket. Thanks Di for your blogging friendship, kindness and generosity. Do pop on over and say hello to Di, she would love for you to join in the fun and games. This is the link to her blog.  Just say that Jane's Journal sent you 😃, she will welcome you with open arms.

Darnell suggested that we all post a snippets card on our blogs as part of a blog hop to celebrate this lovely occasion and to thank Di for all her hard work over the last 7 years. That is such an achievement, well done and thank you lovely lady. 
  
This is my card I am linking up made with all the snippets from a card I made here for STAMPlorations using their lovely stamps. So it is most definitely a snippets card! I used some book pages and a Noor die cut. The background is spray inks.

You can see the cards everyone else has made for Di over here on Darnell's blog here.

I would also like to link up my card with the following challenges.

Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
Allsorts 2/3 friends
Cute card Thursday 1/3 critters
Crafty friends 1/3 animals/birds

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take to leave me, especially when life is so busy!

I am back on Friday when unbelievable I have no less than 3 posts to publish. Yes a bit of a clash but plenty of Design Team work to share for Country View Challenges, STAMPlorations and a Blog hop for the Turner Syndrome awareness group..Stay tuned!

Bye for now,

Jane x


23 comments:

  1. Your camera is working beautifully Jane, especially with the eye you have for taking fabulous shots. The ponds are looking fabulous. Great snippets card for your friend, it feels so good when you can use up leftovers doesn’t it? Enjoy your week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing your photos Jane...the ponds are looking so beautiful..such wonderful blue sky! Love your sweet card too...such a cute bird themed snippets design XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky in your photos is amazing Jane, your commute is very pretty ... love the little card!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and a fitting tribute to Di!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat to hear that you are an aficionado of the Lumix cameras, too. I've loved mine. Thank you cards are so wonderful, yours turned out beautifully. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice card and gorgeous photos! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and your photos are super xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super background and a great image. Thank you for joining our 'Friends' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and beautiful photos too. It must have been a gorgeous crisp-but-cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous snippets card for Di. Lovely.

    Wanna see what's in my satchel? Meet me behind the bikes sheds . . . I'm spicing up this party!
    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping for Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photographs and a lovely card too, Happy SNIPPETversary

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your weather sounds like ours here in the States. Right now we are having a snow squall coming through with extreme cold and wind. Next week we are to be warmer temps with rain. Crazy weather indeed! Your photo views are beautiful! I love your card too, such a great one to honor Di. So loving the "book" paper. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane! It's lovely to see you and your stunning photos! I'm also in love with your total snippets make for Di! I love the background with sprays behind your striking focus pocus! Thank you so much for joining the Hop to thank our Miss Di! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card and design, great use of snippets. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Harrumph I lost a whole comment there! LOVE you card Jane - perfection as always. And you photos are great.

    It was such a surprise to find out about Darnell's blog hop - many thanks for your kind words. Needless to say I'm really deeply touched by so many wonderful friends joining in - what a wonderful gesture. Thank you so much!

    We have 6+ inches of snow here and it's still falling thick and fast. Len has to keep going out to clear the penned in patio area for Dudley 'to perform' in case we lose him in a snowdrift!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos and a lovely card Jane, I'm glad I popped by Darnell's blog and found her Blog Hop party to celebrate Di's seven years, I'm new so am looking forward to see what goes on in the playground

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jane, a fun card, love the bird against the book page. A great snippets card to thank Di. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous snippets card for a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos and a lovely card. I see the book pages are in use again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x