Friday 25 January 2019

Jack Frost

Brr it was bitterly cold yesterday. I was lucky enough to have a day at home making some designs with the brand new Visible Image Wizard of Oz stamps which are available for pre order tomorrow. 
When I got up first thing the garden had obviously been visited by Jack frost.

I love the way the frost wraps itself around everything. I have been playing with my new camera and took these shots.

My hellebore is just about to bloom but for yesterday it was held rigid by the frost. 
Even my perky violas had taken a nose dive

but they will recover, they are such hardy plants.
I also loved the icy pattern on the leaves of my digitalis.
I am off down to Dotty's this morming and it is due to be a little warmer as is the weekend.
So today I think to warm us up cake and a smiling cat should feature on my card. It's a new Wonderland birthday one using my Visible Image Cheshire cat stamp set. I coloured him with Zig markers.The papers are ancient, the tea cup is Marianne and the music and butterfly dies are by The Works. I have stamped and embossed the fish bone from the Cheshire cat stamp set onto the cup.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges.

Sweet stampin 2/3 bright and cheerful
Artistic Inspirations 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge January
Cute card Thursdays 1/3 critters
The house that stamps built 1/3 anything goes

It will be up for sale at Dotty's Tea House Carshalton High Street, SM5 2AE by lunchtime. 

Enjoy your weekend, it is supposed to warm up a little. I hope so as we plan to take friends who are visiting for a long local walk at some point. We might even end up in Dotty's for tea and cake at the end of it. 

I am back bright and breezy on Monday with my very first Wizard of Oz sample, stay tuned.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your kind comments.

Bye for now,

Jane x




11 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos with your new camera Jane, I particularly love the hellebores where it focuses sharply on the plants but fades in the background. You’ve really captured the frost so well. Great card with lots of beautiful bright colours too. Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are so pretty with the frost on the delicate buds. I hope they come back from the frost. The card is fun and that Cheshire cat is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking your card up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House that Stamps Built! Love the bright colors your used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful frosty images Jane!
    I do love that Cheshire Cat. :)
    Wishing you a lovely weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card to take to Dottie's. I think your walk there must be lovely all year long. What kind of new camera did you get? I'm such a camera-aholic. Love the frost shots!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My world is snowy white, so it's nice to see flowers in your garden even if they look pretty cold. The frost is so pretty. Have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so bold and vibrant!! Love the cake paper in the background; so fun!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card - thanks for sharing it with Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your vibrant card just melted all that frost away. Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Pile it On january challenge. Hope to see you again. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x