Friday 18 January 2019

January birds for STAMPlorations

The birds have a hard time at this time of the year, the trees are bare and there is little protection from the rain. I spotted these high up in the bare trees and also their nests.
 Mr Crow was looking for food in the water down at the ponds.
It's time for some more inspiration for our January theme and sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations  The theme is
 and this is the lovely sketch which you could also work with if you would like to.

The rules in brief are that you need to use stamping on your projects. You don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to enter but of course we love it if you do! You can link up 6 times with new blog posts and you need to add our logo to your post. You can go with the theme, the sketch or both, the choice is yours. There are some fab prizes to be won too! The details are here.

The birds down at the ponds inspired me to get out the lovely Trendy birds 2 stamp set. This is one of my favourites and I use it lots.
I made a distress ink spray background and stamped one of the sentiments from the
Fond expressions 2 set


I also stamped out the birds on book pages and inky card.


Here is my finished card design
with a couple of close ups


I would like to link my card into the following challenges;

Cute card Thursday 1/3 banish the blues
A bit more time to craft 2/3 anything goes
Through the craft room door 2/3 anything goes
Crafty Catz 3/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday recycle something mine are my book pages from my Hb's old copy of A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens. I use them lots!

You can see more inspiration over on the main blog here too; It would be lovely to see you join us.

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. The sun is out today but boy is it chilly...brrrr. I have a new camera which I have been testing out...I will share some photo soon.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


8 comments:

  1. Lovely birdie card ... I'm just back from my walk, so many little birds about, it can't be easy for them at this time of year!
    Happy weekend my friend, hope you had lots of grandbaby fun today!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you have used the book print pages behind the bird stamps and love the colour. It is a non stop soup kitchen in our back garden at the moment. We have an abundance of birds flocking in to be fed. 3 Squirrels too. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous card, Jane. Framable art, I'd say! Have a super weekend.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you’ve cleverly brought both sections of the challenge together, great ideas and fabulous card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME BLENDING OF BIRD IMAGES AND BOOK PAGES . Thanks for sharing this lovely work with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry
    Shirley-Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card and great way to recycle those old book pages, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Great papers and card design! We would love to have one of your projects submitted for an upcoming issue of the magazine! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Hugs & Craftiness,
    AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing design, I love that you were inspired by the birds in real life too, makes a great blog post!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x