Monday 28 January 2019

The Wonderful Visible Image world of Oz

Today we are off to see the Wizard of Oz...yes Visible Image have reintroduced their fabulous characters with new accent stamps in the sets. Plus there is more news...there are dies available for cutting out the stamps! Wow!
The dies were not quite ready to post when I received my Design Team stamps so all my pieces have been fussy cut but boy the dies will save me a lot of work.

I found it hard to choose a favourite from the 6 characters but I plumped in the end for the dear Tin Man and he is my first Design Team share today.

and this is what I got up to.

I decided that I would try stamping him onto silver card and tried several different types. Eventually I settled on this foiled one.
 I fussy cut him out but remember you can now use the coordinating dies are available here

 How cute is he!
Because I had lots of other variations of him stamped on silver card I had a light bulb moment idea to use one of the others to decoupage him. So I cut out some of his parts and did just that.
Now don't laugh but at one point I lost his nose and one of his hands...I had to crawl about on the floor and luckily I found them...phew! You can see that I also decoupaged the axe and tie using watercolour card.

As it is near to Valentine's day and this set comes with fab steam punk hearts stamps and a loving sentiment I decided that I would go with a red, black and silver colour scheme.

I stamped and embossed the background using pewter and red embossing powders on black card.
I then had the idea that I could add metal elements to the hearts too. So I also stamped the hearts onto silver foiled card and cut parts out of the heart and the winder on the larger heart. I added a Cheery Lynn heart die cut too.

So here is my finished Valentine's card with the dear Tin Man....I wonder who he is losing his heart to?



 with a couple of close ups.

Just look at the little oil can too 💗
and one final shot.

I really love this little guy and have lots more ideas for him.

I would like to link him up with the following challenges;

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday have a heart
C.R.A.F.T 1/3 Love/Valentine's
Time Out 1/3 inspiring words I was inspired by the words strong and friends as this is how I see the Tin Man!
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes
Allsorts 1/3 friends This dear Tin Man is most certainly my friend!

This fabulous new Oz release is available to order on pre release now, the release date is 7 Feb. This is the link  to all the amazing characters and their co coordinating dies. There is also a bundle offer here where you could save lots. This offer only lasts until 28 February and is only available on the website so don't miss out!

 There are also some totally amazing new mixed media stamps and stencils out too. We are being really spoilt by this new release, there is something there for everyone. Do check them out.

I have been busy making lots of samples and will be sharing them soon. In the meantime you can also see samples on the website and Facebook by my talented teamies too.

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For December and January the theme is "Christmas/Winter".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 


Our Christmas/winter challenge on Facebook runs until the end of January so you still have a couple of days to make something and be in with a chance of winning the £40 voucher to spend on the web site. The winner is selected by random so everyone has an equal winning chance.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Meanwhile I have another date with the Yellow Brick Road 😃

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. An interesting take on our 'Friendship' theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found his nose! Great work, thanks for joining in with my theme of friends at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun card! I would never have tought that these images would work on a valentinescard, but they do that so well. Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super, unique card Jane, thanks for joining us at Allsorts . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe I hope he didn't lose his heart, he went to an awful lot of trouble to get one, my goodness the poor fellow then lost his nose and hand!!!
    Sounds like a fiddly job but as always a brilliant card!! :)
    happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest tin man I've ever seen. What a great card for a guy, that will be snapped up I am sure. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card. I've never seen those sorts of stamps before. Great idea to make a valentine with that image. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x