Tuesday 8 January 2019

Revisiting Tim Holtz' tissue wrap technique

My long term blog readers will remember that for 3 years I took part in Tim Holtz' 12 tags of the year until 2 years ago when he sadly discontinued the challenge. I really loved learning a technique and turning his tag ideas into cards as that is my main love and have really missed this challenge.
I am part of a Tim Holtz Addicts Facebook page and I was delighted to see that the admin have decided to introduce a monthly challenge using one of Tim amazing 12 tags techniques. For January the brief is to use tissue wrap. I am going to try to take part in this each month as it really does spur my creativity and also gives me lots of new ideas and cards to sell at Dotty's Tearooms.

I had my crafting buddy, Daisy (my granddaughter) staying last week. She loves die cutting at the moment and she got out my Sidekick to make a sweet tag. She really loves the tiny side orders that are make specifically for this die cutter.

(Sorry about the blurry photo but it was just snapped with my phone). She adores glitter so of course we had to die cut using glitter card! She made this for her dolly Annabelle!
This gave me an idea to use another of the sidekick side orders for my tissue wrap card. So when Daisy went home I left my sidekick out. 
I have a few of Tim's tissue wraps and decided to use the Postale one.
 I added some collage medium to the card and then the tissue, scrunching some areas up to give some texture as per Tim's technique. Then I added various distress paints. 

I ended up with 4 pieces from my sheet of A4 card
I decided to use the red/grey background as I thought it would be perfect for a Valentine card. At the moment I am in full Valentine mode for Dotty's and I hope to get my cards into the shop this Friday.
Using my Sidekick I cut the little envelope in red and black card.
  I also used Tim's 3D mini provincial embossing folder to die cut some black edges which I added silver gilding paste to. It brings out the detail beautifully.
I also adore Tim's swirling stars die, I think it is one of my favourite ever dies and I use it lots. 
I die cut a starry background through the tissue wrap and matted it up on top of red card stock. I also used a my new die, the 3D laurel, leaf using aluminium tape (you will see this in the finished card). 
Below is the background after I had die cut the swirling stars...you can also use the stars you cut out, no waste with this one!
It was then time to put my card together...here it is;
with a couple of close ups, showing the laurel and the cute Sidekick envelope from the Love set.
The words are from Tim's thinlits sets; handwritten love and the & is from the Holiday words set. The hearts are Tim's Heartfelt Bigz. 

and one last shot
As well as linking up with the challenge on Facebook I would like to link up my card to the following challenges;

Try it on Tuesday 1/3 something old something new my old is my Postale tissue wrap, my new is my laurel die .
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 Inspired by I have of course been inspired by the master of crafting...Tim Holtz/
Crafty sentiments 1/3 anything goes
Cuttlebug mania 1/3 new mine is my new laurel 3D die
Get creative 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday something new mine is my new laurel 3D die
Creative moments 1/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes
Love to create 2/3 anything mixed media
Not just cards 2/3 anything goes


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. An AMAZING card ! WOW! And your granddaughter is so pretty and cute!
    Thank you for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much work in your cards Jane, another beauty!! It will be Valentine's day in no time!!
    I love Daisy's tag too for her dolly ... so sweet! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much on this card - lots to enjoy.

    Thank you for sharing with TIOT this week.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger seems to be playing up for me this morning - I love your photo of Daisy, I can't believe how much she has grown up and it looks like you have had great fun with her and your card making. Happy New Year to you and your family dearest Jane. Best wishes and huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Valentine's Day card inspired by Tim Holtz and his Tissue Wrap Technique is beautiful! I love the red and black combination with the pops of silver. And that photo of Daisy is PRECIOUS! I know you enjoy your time with her! I almost forgot to say thank you for playing along in Frilly and Funkie's Inspired By challenge! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love all the detail and layers that you created and the old TH tissue paper and new laurel die look fabulous 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a super technique you shared and your card looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that is a very eye-catching and fancy looking card, my friend. Bravo! I'm sure that will fly off the shelves at Dotty's. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, love the tissue wrap and the swirling star die cuts ( I've put the die on my wish list !)

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for NEW crafting supplies!! They add to our happiness

    Love your take of our challenge

    Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love the black with red color combo, so much texture and depth. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Valentine card with so much dimension created by the die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  14. a lovely card

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  15. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    Thank you for sharing your fabby project with the DT from We Love To Create, Hugs Terry (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet & Charming Valentine! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely to see Daisy in action! She very much takes after you creating beautiful projects. LOVE your card and the way you've revisited the technique with a new twist. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x