Monday 21 January 2019

A thank you bottle tag from Billy

Good morning. Over Christmas our very good friend who lives in our road kindly came in to look after Billy for us over a couple of days. She has helped us out in this way for some years now and I always like to treat her to a bottle of something.  She is also one of the very few people that Billy will go to. He is very wary of people other than his family and I love that he will come to greet her rather than hide upstairs on our bed. 
For those of you who have not met my Billy before, here he is. My sweetest, pink nosed, handsome boy.
 I thought that a bottle of bubbly was very appropriate to give her for that time of the year.
In the past I used to make a tag to tie on the bottle but I had a light bulb moment that if I die cut out the top I could put the tag over the neck of the bottle and make a specific bottle tag. I also decided that this would be a good Design Team project to share for my weekly Visible Image post.

These are the products I worked with.
 and the thank you stamp from go to words



I then used the stars from the stars and stripes stencil.




Then it was time to put my design together. You can see that I added some more distress oxide ink to my tag.  I embossed the paws using sparkling black embossing powder. I also added some highlights using white gel pen and some sparkly sequins.

Here is a close up of the focal. You can really see the sparkle in the black powder. 



I would like to enter my bottle tag into the following challenges.

Sweet stampin 1/3 bright and cheerful
Cute card Thursday 2/3 banish the blues
A bit more time to craft 3/3 anything goes
Through the craft room door 3/3 anything goes
Pixie's snippets playground #344

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For December and January the theme is "Christmas/Winter".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 


Our Christmas/winter challenge on Facebook runs until the end of January a couple of weeks to make something and be in with a chance of winning the £40 voucher to spend on the web site. The winner is selected by random so everyone has an equal winning chance.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave.

Back soon,

Bye for now.

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Great idea and beautifully created! I love snowdrops too. They're such hopeful little flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Jane, it looks amazing.
    Lovely that you have a good neighbour to rely on when you need Billy cared for ... I also like the idea that Billy doesn't trust everyone, not everyone is to be trusted, I truly think that is very wise of him.
    happy Monday my dear hope M had a good birthday,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design worked a treat Jane, your stunning tag looks magnificent over the bottle, with fabulous stars and cats together, so appropriate. I bet your lovely neighbour loved the tag to look at whilst sipping her drink. A perfect present xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super bottle tag, Jane. Perfect for the thoughtful gift for your friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is absolutely beautiful!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Great papers and card design! We would love to have one of your projects submitted for an upcoming issue of the magazine! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Hugs & Craftiness,
    AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect gift for your Billy-sitter! You're lucky to have someone willing to do that that Billy accepts. That bottle is very pretty! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tag this is Jane - and for someone very special who looks after and loves dear Billy. A purrfect thank you indeed!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all Billy is a very handsome chap! I love this tag, how perfectly personalised for your cat sitter too!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - what a fantastic bottle tag Jane. So colourful and pretty and sure to be appreciated along with the bottle contents. Got another bottle? If so, meet me and the usual suspects behind the bike sheds. We're partying in Di's honour.

    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping for Pleasure Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag, love the colours, being the owner of 2 black cats its a winner to me. Brilliant use of snippets. Billy is very hansom. EmmaT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x